[time-nuts] Tek 184 Time Base Generator...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Wed Sep 10 03:17:07 UTC 2008

I originally used a 184 Time Mark Generator for some of my broadcast
measurements where I needed 10 kHz markers throughout the AM
broadcast band.  I don't recall it having drift anywhere near that
amount.  I wonder if your oscillator tube is on the verge of croaking
or if the stone has become feeble.  I don't think these devices
needed a great deal of accuracy, certainly by "our" standards, just
enough to set the time base adjustments in a scope.

Burt, K6OQK

At 07:48 PM 9/9/2008, time-nuts-request at febo.com wrote
>I may be able to tweak it so the variation is more evenly balanced around
>10.0000000 MHz, but the trimmer adjustment is pretty sensitive.
>
>Still don't understand why probing with a 10Meg, 1pF load kills the
>oscillation stone dead until the next power cycle.
>
>Thanks to all
>
>Cheers
>Dave

Burt I. Weiner Associates