[time-nuts] Trimble GPSDO power suply unit.

ernieperes at aol.com ernieperes at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 10:06:34 UTC 2008

My Trimble GPSDO just arrive but I have a problem with the POWER Supply
Unit.

After connecting all wires to the Trimble plug and made a check if all
voltage is correct and left the PS unit to run
on the table without load/connecting to the GPSDO, about 15min got a
big bang and the Power Supply Unit blow-up.
Opening the box found Q1 transistor / BUZ78 / blown and seems to me
that it was a short around R1, R2 and C11
area, namely the two resistor had short to each-other...../ factory bad
installation??? /
Anybody having a circuit diagram ????? I am trying to repair.....

Please help, I just do not want to throw the unit to the garbage can.