[time-nuts] HP Continuous Measurement Software for 5371A

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Sep 22 16:16:35 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

I'm gradually learning how to use my 5372A Frequency & Time Interval
Analyzer.  While reading App. Note 358-12 "Simplify Frequency Stability
Measurements with Built-in Allan Variance Analysis" I ran across a
reference to "HP 53700A Continuous Measurement Software" for the 5371A
only.  This software automates data collection & processing for Tau
values greater than 8 seconds.  Since the 5371A and 5372A are so
similar, I thought I might be able to modify the program for my 5372A.
I realize that the software only runs under HP BASIC - I'll also have to
translate it to another platform.

Does anyone have a copy of this software or know where I can get one?
The software was free ('send in the enclosed reply card'), but neither
Google nor the Agilent web site can give me any leads.

Thanks,
Ed