[time-nuts] TBOLT communication

Jeroen Bastemeijer j.bastemeijer at tudelft.nl
Wed Sep 24 10:18:21 UTC 2008

Hi Neville,

I use USB-Serial converters. Brand is"Sweex", there is a common
USB2serial chip inside. There was no need to modify anything (pull up
resistors or what so ever).

First I had communication, but from time to time strange behaviour. It
made me think the Thunderbolt was faulty... I reported this to the
Time-nust list. Someone suggested to update the driver , to the latest
version. For me it worked out! It's working fine ever since.

In you case you might do the following things:
* connect a scope to the RS-232 pins to check the logic levels.
* use the USB converter with another PC, maybe the USB port cannot
supply the current needed (or use a USB-HUB with power supply in series).

Good luck!

73 Jeroen PE1RGE