[time-nuts] Piezo Company OXCO pinouts (William Rice)

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:28:09 UTC 2008

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for the info, this was most helpful and I have the unit
running fine now. The only real difference is that my unit seems to be
labelled to run off 24V and the data sheet shows 12V. My serial number
is 2331 (9439) which is not listed on the pdf you sent. After the
initial panic over running it off 24V for some hours to test it, I
have tried it on 12V and it still seems to work fine. The difference
is that the frequency has dropped about .5ppm and the case feels
cooler to the touch. Now I don't know what the power voltage should be
as someone else on the list mentioned the nominal is 25.5V. Let's have
a vote :)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Steve

2008/9/30 Richard H McCorkle <mccorkle at ptialaska.net>:
> Hello,
>
> I purchased three Piezo 2920136 units and the attached file documents
> what the pinouts and EFC requirements are. Hope you find this useful.
>
> Richard
>

>> Just new to this list and found this post while trawling the net for
>> the same info. This is a manual reply to a previous posting so the
>> message ids won't tally, sorry.
>>
>> --- William Rice wrote:-
>>> Have a surplus Piezo Crystal Co. oscillator. 3x2x2" with 6 pins on bottom, no RF
>>> connector.
>>> Model# 2920136 / 10.000 Mhz (101728-001)
>>> Had trouble finding info.... Maybe standard configuration, 9337 stamped on unit,
>>> probably just obsolete.
>>> Any help appreciated.
>>> Did find one on ebay, my unit is not as abused.
>>> Do not know if it needs external control.
>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160286114515
>>
>> I have a Piezo Model 2920136 10MHz oscillator which seems to be the
>> same as in your url link above. The info I have to date for the six
>> pins from left to right:-
>>
>> Out, GND, +24V, ?, Vcc, GND
>>
>> I don't know what the 4th (?) pin does and I also have know idea as to
>> what voltage needs to be connected to the Vcc pin. Any help please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>> --
>> Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD