[time-nuts] Datum / Efratom LPRO 101 - ebay

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Apr 1 10:13:11 UTC 2009

> Now I was wondering what about these oscillators. Why are they offered
> so cheap and so many. What have they be used for ?

I think they are recycled from phone or cell phone upgrades.

> Also I cannot find any information about the manufacturer on the
> internet. Are they out of business ?

Symmetricom has gobbled up most of the alternative sources.

The data sheet is readily available.

> Would such a oscillator be usefull for us, as we need a 10Mhz signal
> with about 1e-8 precision.

Probably.  Do you have any way to sanity check it?

The spec sheet says aging is <1E-9 over 10 years and it's within 5E-11 at
shipment.

The C-field adjustment covers +/- 1.5E-9.

(Specs are from a 2003 sheet.  Older units are probably a bit less good.)