[time-nuts] Frequency Divider

Brian Kirby kilodelta4foxmike at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 02:17:13 UTC 2009

Maybe we all could come up with a separate new board to take 10 Mhz and
give us 5 Mhz and 1 Mhz out.

Start with a buffer amp and then a decent Schmidt trigger.  Feed it to a
symmetrical divide by 2 for 5 Mhz, and a symmetrical dive by 10 for 1
Mhz.  These out puts could be buffered with 74AC04 for TTL.  Another set
of outputs could be derived and filtered to give sine wave outputs.

It seems the crowd is against 7490s, and 74390s - and I would like to
know what the crowd recommends as suitable.

Brian KD4FM