[time-nuts] Updated Divider Jitter Results - 74HC390

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 03:37:59 UTC 2009

Hello Pete, Bruce,

I can confirm that the Wavecrest is sensitive to edge rise-time. It was not
designed to measure sine waves.

With a 10MHz sine wave from a Fury GPSDO as the source I get 8 -  10ps rms
jitter.

That exact same signal run through an NC7SZ04 buffer prior to feeding it
into the DTS-2075, then scaled to the +/-1.1Vpeak input of the DTS-2075 yields
jitter below the units' noise floor (~3.2ps rms) on a good OCXO.

I also have a DTS-2070C that performs slightly better - about 2.9ps  rms.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 4/4/2009 17:43:23 Pacific Daylight Time,