[time-nuts] NIST Time & Frequency Seminar

Robert Lutwak RLutwak at Comcast.net
Thu Apr 9 14:35:18 UTC 2009

FYI (and FWIW), I think very highly of the NIST T&F seminar.

You can't get this education in school and it's an invaluable
resource for anyone wanting to get into the precision T&F business.
Nowhere else can you have all of these topics organized and presented
by the experts in the field. We routinely send all of our new engineers.

To your point, though, I'm not aware of any discounts for participants.

-RL

----------------
Robert Lutwak, Senior Scientist
Symmetricom - Technology Realization Center
34 Tozer Rd.
Beverly, MA 01915

(978)
232-1461    (desk)                           RLutwak at Symmetricom.com
(Business)
(339)
927-7896    (mobile)                         Lutwak at Alum.MIT.edu
      (Personal)

At 10:04 AM 4/9/2009, you wrote:

>Hello Time Nuts,
>
>I recently became aware of the NIST Time & Frequency Seminar coming up
>shortly and looked it up as it sounded interesting (to a time-nut) and is
>almost in my back yard (well, at least commuting distance).  You can check
>out the web page at http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/seminars/T&Foverview.html.
>
>It all sounds very cool, UNTIL YOU CHECK OUT THE PRICE!  Sure, I could see
>$300-$400 (which would still be pretty rich for my budget), but $1900?
>Obviously our tax dollars are not subsidizing this function.
>
>If anyone knows how to procure a discounted registration I would be most
>interested in hearing from you.
>
>Regards,
>Skip Withrow

>and follow the instructions there.