[time-nuts] Characterising frequency standards

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Apr 10 17:42:25 UTC 2009

> Nevertheless leaving every second sample out is NOT exactly the same as
> continous data with Tau0 = 2 s. Instead it is data with Tau0 = 1 s and a
> DEAD TIME of 1s. There are dead time correction schemes available in the
> literature.

Ulrich, and Steve,

Wait, are we talking phase measurements here or frequency
measurements? My assumption with this thread is that Steve
is simply taking phase (time error) measurements, as in my
GPS raw data page, in which case there is no such thing as
dead time.

/tvb