[time-nuts] OT: 10 MHz data capture, help

J.D. Bakker jdb at lartmaker.nl
Fri Apr 10 22:44:16 UTC 2009

At 14:31 -0700 10-04-2009, WB6BNQ wrote:
>As others have suggested, perhaps a Software Defined Receiver would do the
>trick.  The best one on the market and the cheapest uses a very high speed A/D
>process for a range of 500Hz to 30MHz.
>
>Look at the following URL: http://www.rfspace.com/SDR-IQ.html

Doesn't the SDR-IQ use an AD6620 digital downconverter to reduce the
bandwidth to a few hundred kHz? I've never used it, but its block
diagram would appear to suggest so, plus it uses a FT245RL USB
interface which is limited to full speed USB (ie 12Mbit). If so,
that's not enough bandwidth for Tom's 10Mbit/sec signal.

JDB.
--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lartmaker.nl/