[time-nuts] Fwd: OT: 10 MHz data capture, help

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 11 20:52:59 UTC 2009

Hi Said,

SAIDJACK at aol.com skrev:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> thanks for the info, I got to look at that 5372A again. They were too  costly
> when I last checked it out some time ago.

Not too high if you look around. 950 USD and up it seems.

> There are several Wavecrest on Ebay, starting at ~$1200 for a working  unit..

Some at fantasy prices. Ah well.

Any news on the reason for Wavecrest disaperance? I haven't seen any
real news on being bought or folding... althought I would not be
surprised about the later.

> I would love to get my hand on a CNT-90, but again cost and availability is
> an issue.

They are still current, so it does not match the hobby folks, but quite
nice. As always there is something to wish for, but that is what I
always nag about. The live update graph mode is very useful. A Zoom
feature and cursored read-out (as well as delta-cursors) would be nice,
but that is left out for the TimeView software.

You might have better success with finding them rebranded as Fluke. This
is a result of the old Fluke-Philips cooperation.
Look for Fluke PM 6690.

Cheers,
Magnus