[time-nuts] OT: Verilog/VHDL discussion list created...

Eric Fort eric.fort at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:04:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Magnus Danielson <
magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> I have my own email-lists on my own server... if someone asked me to set
> the list up, I would just do it.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus

AND

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:50 PM, John Miles <jmiles at pop.net> wrote:

> What objections are there to Yahoo Groups?  I don't have a way to get NNTP
> traffic in my email inbox, nor would I want it if I could.
>
> -- john, KE5FX

AND

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM, John Miles <jmiles at pop.net> wrote:

> ...I prefer email lists to Usenet, and I'm the one who started the group.
> :-P
>
> -- john, KE5FX

 My objection to yahoo groups is they require you to be a member of yahoo
giving out all mannor of personal information just so you can access the
group archives using some funky interface they provide.  I tolerate
participating in a few "yahoo groups" only because I can get limited
functionality (no access to archives) by just using the list subscribe
address in a standard mannor.  I too run my own servers, and it is much
prefered when a list is hosted with mailman or majordomo where full access
to the archives is offered.  With list hosting cheap to free, full
webhosting with email list management in the $60-$75/yr range, and a virtual
private server with full root access available for $120/yr available as
options I'd be hard pressed to choose yahoo.

Eric, AF6EP