[time-nuts] OT: Verilog/VHDL discussion list created...

Chris Mack sometimesyoufeellikeanut at twentylogten.com
Thu Apr 16 13:34:12 UTC 2009

Firefox.... Tools->Clear Personal Data... You can even set it up to
ask you to clear personal data when you close the browser and when you
start....

Firefox also has add-ins like "ghost" and UserAgent to allow you to
watch as you are being tracked by Google (through JavaScript)...  Even
AdBlock Plus to block ads and ads that have encoded UIDs to track
you... (or another method of updating your LMHOSTS file to redirect
common Ad URLs to 127.0.0.1; there's no place like 127.0.0.1)

You can still use Anonymouse to browse too... but who knows if they
aggregate demographic data or not... Ghost shows me that they use
something like Google Analytics to track....  So I don't even bother....

But all this does not matter as your ISP is tracking you anyway (I
also think it is a new federal requirement as of last year for ISPs to
capture URLs and keep them on file for quite some time for folks in
the US, perhaps for post mortem analysis for an event of the terror
kind)....

I was recently marked as a spammer (erroneously, by probably an
automated system) and Comcast blocked ports 25 and 587 for me,
intelligently and all by themselves on their own accord (these ports
of course being the Comcast outgoing mail ports)....

FYI for comcast folks, using port 26 apparently gets around this...
When I called comcast to figure out why I could not send mail it took
them forever to figure out that the ports were blocked and the reason
why; and then transferring me to correct folks to chat with...

They were able to inventory all the action on my service with multiple
email addresses on my own .com domain...

Everything is made out of Swiss Cheese....  Yummy delicious Swiss
Cheese.....
-chris