[time-nuts] RF Mixers for oscillator comparison

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Apr 19 22:59:10 UTC 2009

Arnold

They do have lower isolation than the phase detectors and the TUF mixers.
However it would be well worthwhile measuring their dc offset, its drift
and their phase noise.
Its possible to mitigate the effects of lower isolation by using low
phase noise isolation amplifiers.

If you do this please make it available so that it can be used by others
in making similar decisions.

It would be useful if anyone else who can measure the phase noise of any
mixers they have do so.
In this way we can build up information on the phase noise performance
of various mixers without having to purchase mixers for such measurements.

Bruce