[time-nuts] Spring cleaning and antenna placement

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 20 20:11:11 UTC 2009

> Brooke Clarke skrev:
>> Hi Magnus:
>>
>> The improvement is probably due to a noise figure reduction from use of
>> the LNA if it's near the antenna rather than at the receiver end of the
>> cable run.
>

> So I am pretty sure that the improved S/N is mainly from gain and
> secondary from improved noise figure. I don't know the noise figure of
> the Z-12 antenna input.

I agree. You are most probably bitten by the finite range of the AGC on
the recevier antenna port.

On the roof subject... Have taken the week off from work to do some roof
maintainance. Must get the time to make some extra cable holes in the
roof. ;-) And make some improvements on the GPS antenna mountings.

--

   Björn