[time-nuts] Method for comparing oscillators

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Mon Aug 3 16:13:58 UTC 2009

Rather than using a scope in Y-T mode (with triggered sweep) I find that
using a scope in X-Y mode makes it much easier to compare frequencies.
Doing this, you essentially get a synchroscope display. If the two
waveforms are sinusoidal, the trace will be a circle, the rate of
revolution is the frequency difference, the direction of rotation tells
you which frequency is high/low.

FWIW,
-John

=======