[time-nuts] Method for comparing oscillators

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Aug 4 06:47:20 UTC 2009

Warren and John,

my point has not been to judge who has to be interested in what. My point
has only been to use the right terms for it. Let me give an example: John
uses the term

> ...but I am more concerned with ... and stability over time

Well, stability over time is what exacly is displayed in a tau-sigma-diagram
of an oscillator. Since only a few words before he is saying that he is NOT
intersted into Allan Deviation plots, then he is perhaps interested into
something else?

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert