[time-nuts] Help needed with HP 16700A

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 20:18:09 UTC 2009

I have one of these with the same symptom.  The problem is with that little interface board with the PS/2 connectors.  I can swap it with one from another system and it works fine.

The real problem is that board is just connectors and some EMI filter R's and C's.  I replaced the PS/2 connectors and it does the same thing.  I have checked all the other parts on the board and buzzed out all the connections (including to the end of the interface cable).  Everything checks out just fine...  everything compares identical to the known good board...  still no worky...