[time-nuts] Any HP8561B Experts out there

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Wed Aug 5 13:35:01 UTC 2009

Someone on hp_agilent_equipment may be more likely to recognize the
rebooting symptom.  It's likely to be a matter of something heating up and
signal.  Hang a scope on it and see if anything comes to mind, and try R134a
and a heat gun as well.  The power supply is somewhat well-concealed in
these but they're easy to work on otherwise.

Is the response actually correct at 1 MHz and above?  In AC-coupled mode the
lower limit is 100 kHz.  An open attenuator element or other interconnection
is what normally causes decreased LF reponse but you normally see huge
losses below 100 MHz in that case.  Check the flatness everywhere, not just
at the low end, and see if it's otherwise in spec.

-- john, KE5FX