[time-nuts] HP 106B quartz frequency standard...the story so far

David C. Partridge david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Aug 6 07:15:51 UTC 2009

Jim

I may be talking out of the wrong end of my digestive tract, but what
timescale were you using for your measurements?

If you are seeing a continual drift with observations over an hour or two,
I'd look to see what you have over 24 hours or more.   Is it possible that
the drift you are seeing is caused by regular diurnal variation in the
temperature of the inner oven which the system cannot quite control enough.

OTOH I could be barking up completely the wrong tree.

Dave