[time-nuts] Power Back-up

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 09:03:53 UTC 2009

One option for a small setup (few hundred watts) is to use one of the small "domestic" UPS's connected to a larger external battery bank. Even the big server UPS's are only rated for minutes at full load. This is enough to switch to a generator or a claen shutdown. Unfortunatly efficency at low loads is not a priority. As a result the load / hold-up time does not scale in a linear fashion.

Robert.