[time-nuts] OCXO sensitive to gravitational effects

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 14 13:48:16 UTC 2009

Or, as it was explained to me, the magnetic field causes the holder to move, which puts a mechanical stress on the crystal, which changes the frequency.

And an AC field can induce a voltage in a loop (i.e. The wires going to the crystal), which then moves the crystal, etc.

Limitless things to worry about in extreme time-nuttery...