[time-nuts] OCXO sensitive to gravity

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 15 16:46:20 UTC 2009

When possible, the thing I do to eliminate the effect of small gravitational changes or tilt
from effecting the Freq of my Oscillators, is to orientate their case so that the osc is approximately at its MAXIMUM 2G turn over axes.
This gives the osc a null to small gravitational changes, much the same as setting the temp of an oven to the zero TC freq turn over point.
To optimize further, the axes can be fine adjusted so that a small tilt in any direction causes the same direction in freq shift.
The improvement achieved can be quick substantial like 100 to 1 improvement.

ws