[time-nuts] OCXO sensitive to gravity

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Aug 15 18:32:35 UTC 2009

Hi Warren,

that's a smart idea.

It's fun to try different OCXO types out for their individual
sensitivities. I have seen some that are only sensitive in one single axis,  others that
react on several axie.

To take your concept further, one could also orient the OCXO to minimize
the effect of vibration as well (caused by e.g. power supply transformers,
fans, walking in the room etc).

If I read the post correctly, someone said they can literally "talk" to
their DRO, and make the voice come out of their Spectrum Analyzers FM
demodulation loudspeaker. After all, crystals are quite microphonic as  well.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 8/15/2009 09:46:46 Pacific Daylight Time,