[time-nuts] OCXO sensitive to gravity

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun Aug 16 00:32:28 UTC 2009

Hi James,

the kind of experience that makes one a better engineer :)

bye,
Said

In a message dated 8/15/2009 14:35:41 Pacific Daylight Time,
james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov writes:

Yes.. In our case, though, I think the microphonics were from  movement of
the cavity lid, which wasn't very rigid. The lid moved, moving  the tuning
screw, which moved the little tuning plate suspended over the  ceramic puck.
It was a prototype to be sure, so the production item  wouldn't be as bad,
but that sort of thing convinced me that anything we  could do to reduce the
amount of touch labor needed was to the  better.