[time-nuts] How do time-nuts measure phase noise?

Don @ True-Cal True-Cal at swbell.net
Mon Aug 17 18:49:06 UTC 2009

Joe,

I have the 8560E analyzer with the 85671A utility. I find the utility to be fairly slow in taking the numerous measurements and processing the results. The PN program from KE5FX EZGPIB does this in about 1/4 the time and has more post processing display options. You do need a computer with GPIB access to the analyzer but my opinion is this is a much preferred method unless portability is needed.

BTW, all of John's software in the EZGPIB kit is "first class". The 7470A emulator also works great on 8560 series printouts.

Regards...
Don