[time-nuts] Phase Noise Utility on 8560 was How do time-nuts measure phase noise?

Reid, John H John.Reid at team.telstra.com
Tue Aug 18 04:50:31 UTC 2009

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:22:18 -0500

Can anyone provide any information on the usefulness of the Phase Noise
Utility program (85671A) for the HP 8560 series Spectrum Analyzers?

Joe

I have used that several years ago. It worked well enough, requires a noise source in addition to the spec an. Time taken is  inversely proportional to the bandwidth selected, and don't expect to take any readings quickly. My summary: nice, given the round about way this is.

Regards,
John.