[time-nuts] Obscure terms

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Aug 20 05:37:04 UTC 2009

> Can someone please put me out of my misery and tell me what these
> stand for?

You must not be very miserable.  Google usually does a good job of answering
that type of question.  There are a couple of sites that collect acronyms and
several sites that collect slang.

In this case, the top pair of results are good hits and down near the bottom
of the first page is the Wikipedia page that covers it:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_(unit_of_measurement)

Sometimes it helps to add acronym or slang to the search string.