[time-nuts] Obscure terms

Had had at to-way.com
Fri Aug 21 03:40:24 UTC 2009

Well guys I guess it is time to take our "slugs'
(no matter what the caliber), RCH's and other
'Minisculiams' and put them back in our respective pockets.
I rather enjoyed the banter of this thread.

Had
K7MLR

At 08:05 PM 8/20/2009, you wrote:
>Well said!! The noise floor is way too high
>today. From iPhone On Aug 20, 2009, at 15:34,
>"Samuel D. [x86/CPC]"
><sam at canardpc.com>  wrote: > An off-topic from
>time to time is great, but a new email every
>minute > unrelated with time-nuts is a bit too
>much, didn't you think ? > > Sorry, I don't want
>to be rude. > > > -----Message d'origine----- >
>De : time-nuts-bounces at febo.com
>[mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] > De la >
>part de Brent Gordon > Envoyé : vendredi 21
>août 2009 00:30 > À : Discussion of precise
>time and frequency measurement > Objet : Re:
>[time-nuts] Obscure terms > > The amount of land
>a man and a mule can plow in one day. > 43560
>square feet > 640 Acres=1 square mile > > Jim
>Palfreyman wrote: >> Sheez - I'm so glad we have
>metric!! >> >> Can I ask you US dudes a
>question? >> >> Do you know, without looking it
>up, what an acre is? >> >> It's such a commonly
>used term for measuring large areas, but I
>bet >> most don't know what it actually is. I
>only know because of Pink >> Floyd. >> >> We use
>a hectare which is 100mx100m. Very easy to
>visualise, work  >> with >> and convert. >> >>
>Jim Palfreyman >> >>
>and follow the instructions there.

No trees were killed in the sending of this
message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
A fine is a tax for doing wrong.  A tax is a fine for doing well.

Peter Cooper, of Fermi Lab, says, "Every experimentalist knows
that the apparatus, or at least your understanding of it, is
always at fault until demonstrated otherwise." He also says,
"Nature is really unmoved by what I, or anyone else, believes."

distribution of this message, or the taking of
any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.