[time-nuts] 5061A with Monitor Output and Alarm Output

J. L. Trantham jltran at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 28 05:10:00 UTC 2009

I recently acquired a 5061A (with a digital LED clock) reportedly in
non-operating condition that has two additional connectors on the back
labeled 'Monitor Output' and 'Alarm Output'.  In addition, there is a
printed circuit card about 3/4 as long as the A17 board and sitting on top
of the A17 board with the part number 05061-91329.  It connects with
numerous wires to these two connectors.

The 05061-91329 board seems to take many of the outputs from the A17 board
that would ordinarily go to the Circuit Check meter.  For what ever reason,
the Circuit Check gives very different readings from what I am used to
seeing.  For instance, in the 100 KHz position, the reading is zero but when
the wire from the A6 assembly with the output measure of the 100 KHz signal
is disconnected, the meter reads about -45.  All the outputs (5 MHz, 1 MHz,
and 100 KHz) are appropriate and on frequency.

The Circuit Check seems to read correctly on Supply, Ion Pump, and Osc Oven.
I am letting the tube pump down and I have not had a chance to do anything
else.

Does anyone have any information on this modification and what it might be
used for?

Thanks,

Joe