[time-nuts] ad-hoc I/O

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Fri Aug 28 17:25:19 UTC 2009

Rick, and other interested time-nuts: I think the thing to use is Robot
Basic:
http://www.robotbasic.org/
It's simple, has useful simple graphics, runs on its own (no Windoze .net
stuff) and best of all is free. There are examples to learn from etc. and
a couple of inexpensive books for the novice. It's not as sophisticated as
say Visual Basic 6, but neat. A debugged satisfactory program can be
.exe'd so the Basic program need not be running to use the application.
Also has hooks to a USB interface and net stuff if you need it, and of
course serial interface.
Highly recommended!!! Look it over.
Don Latham

Richard (Rick) Karlquist