[time-nuts] ad-hoc I/O

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Aug 28 18:20:33 UTC 2009

Don Latham wrote:

>AFIK, Jim. The website will have some mire info Freudian slip?).

Too cryptic for me. I have no clue what you might mean.

>I've
>stopped at XP and have a W2k that I load on to unsuspecting bare
>machines...
>Don

I agree that W2k is great to have around. It runs all but he most recent
bloatware and doesn't need to contact the mothership to come to life.

Most of my real-world machines are running XP, but for engineering
set-ups 2K is my fav. I have a few drives set up with w2k that I swap
into a notebook for clean, simple engineering environments. One of them
runs some softwware I obtained that had a time limit, so when I put that
drive in, I need to remember to set the clock back to year 2000 so I can
run the tools. See, a time reference in this post.

-Rex