[time-nuts] Advice on 5370A vs 5370B differences please

swingbyte swingbyte at exemail.com.au
Sat Aug 29 08:25:46 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I have looked through the archives and found that the 5370B has a better
front end and dacs and consolidated the ram and mpu onto one card.
However, can someone tell me how much better? these changes make the
5370B?  What effect upon measurements does the new front end have over
that of the 5370A?  Does it mean significantly less jitter in the
measurements? If so over what window of measurement time?  If I want to
do some phase noise measurements and oneshot short time intervals is the
extra cost of the B model worth it?
Also, has anyone tried replacing the A model front end boards with those
of the B model?

Thanks for your advice

Tim