[time-nuts] 5061A with Monitor Output and Alarm Output

service at frequencystandards.com service at frequencystandards.com
Sun Aug 30 15:23:43 UTC 2009

"I recently acquired a 5061A (with a digital LED clock) reportedly in
non-operating condition that has two additional connectors on the back
labeled 'Monitor Output' and 'Alarm Output'.  In addition, there is a
printed circuit card about 3/4 as long as the A17 board and sitting on top
of the A17 board with the part number 05061-91329.  It connects with
numerous wires to these two connectors."

This modification allowed for remote monitoring of the condition of the
5061. By remote, I mean in another room etc, not long distance as we are
used to now.
I don't have the manual in front of me right now but I seem to remember
you could connect the monitor output jack to a standard hi impedance
voltmeter and see what the level was the meter switch was set to. I
remember seeing one unit that had several pins on themonitor jack that
allowed you to monitor most of the positions of the front panel switch
without having to change the switch itself.
The alarm output would drive a lamp similar to the one on the front of the
5061 to alert you to an unlocked condition.
I will try to dig out my manual that covers the mods so I can give you a
more accurate description. The basic idea is as I stated above though.
Chuck Norton