[time-nuts] OT: Power level reference

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Dec 2 10:08:34 UTC 2009

Since a  levelled generator requires a detector with a flat frequency
response, calibrating a scope so that it can in turn be used to measure
power is a somewhat circular process.

In the 1970's NBS used a matched pair of schottky diode detectors
mounted in the same temperature controlled heatsink to compare RF and dc
signals.