[time-nuts] OT: Wanted desperately - LS-120 disk drive

Justin Pinnix justin at fuzzythinking.com
Fri Dec 4 18:35:14 UTC 2009

David,

You probably know this already, but you can walk into any electronics store
and buy a 16GB USB thumb drive for 20 dollars that will hold the equivalent
of 136 LS-120 floppies.  You might be better served by moving your
collection to a more modern media.

Remember that magnetic media (disks, tapes) have a limited shelf life.  In
particular, I've had a lot of problem with floppies written with one drive
not being readable on another.

Thanks,
-JP