[time-nuts] OT: Wanted desperately - LS-120 disk drive

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Dec 4 19:59:55 UTC 2009

Hi Justin:

I was just reading about Digital Cinema in relation to learning more
about Home Threater,
http://www.prc68.com/I/HomeTheater.shtml
There are now thousands of movie theaters (most are the small multi
screen type) that use digital projection instead of 35 mm film.  There
are many benefits such as huge savings related to the cost of a 35mm
film vs. a 350 GB hard drive but also the ability to release a new film
in theaters without spending 150 million on the first round of prints.
BUT, the key problem is archival quality (100 year) copy of the film
which is easy to do in 35 mm and extremely difficult to do with digital
media.

PS the company referenced in my prior email does more than just hard
drives, i.e. floppy, tape, digital camera media, etc.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com