[time-nuts] Help identifying coax connector type

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Mon Dec 7 16:41:28 UTC 2009

> I have recently acquired a number of nice coax parts, but I'm not sure
exactly what connector types they are. If anybody can help me identify
them, I'd appreciate it!

> First, are these spiffy jacks. They look somewhat like SMB, but are too
large as far as I know. Too small for BNC, and there's no bayonet.

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/24004042@N03/4165880386/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/24004042@N03/4165880282/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/24004042@N03/4165880166/

They are SMBs, but NOT 50 Ohm. SMB/SMC come in 50, 75, and 93 Om versions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24004042@N03/4165122135/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/24004042@N03/4165122541/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/24004042@N03/4165122411/
>
> Last is another cable, with yet another unknown connector on it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24004042@N03/4165881034/

These look like inserts for multipin (mixed contact type) connectots. Many
Mil connectors have individually insertable/removable pins. You can mix
and match as you will. IDing what fits what requires research. This looks
like a Winchester Monobloc or an AMP equivalent.

Best,
-John