[time-nuts] HP 105B Modification

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Dec 7 20:53:24 UTC 2009

I did something similar to my HP 5065A Rb standard, which had a 10811A
and a small plug-in card that was a digital IC doing a divide by two
followed by a simple LC filter.  I picked off the signal right at the
chip input with a small cap and a piece of RG-174 that went to a buffer
amplifier (I used a two-channel prototype of the TADD-1 with a MAX-477).

It works fine, except that you need to use pretty loose coupling to
avoid loading the signal down to the point that there's not enough for
the divider to trigger on.

I suspect the 105 (and later 5061As that used 10811s) use the same
divider card, and the same treatment would work.

John
----