[time-nuts] Lady Heather's Fat Client

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Tue Dec 8 07:08:30 UTC 2009

Looking for a few Lady Heather users to stress-test the new TSIP-to-IP
gateway in the upcoming 3.00 release.  If you install this beta of the
Windows version:

	http://www.ke5fx.com/heather/beta.exe (1 MB)

... you'll see an icon called "KE5FX Thunderbolt."  This will launch Heather
with the command-line option /ip=ke5fx.dyndns.org, which should give you
full access to a Thunderbolt at my location.

Up to 8 clients at a time can log in and abuse this Thunderbolt.  This is a
test mule, so you can play with its settings and configuration.  Any
configuration or parameter changes made by one user should be immediately
visible to other users.

Any bugs in the remote access functionality should be reported to me at
jmiles at pop.net (not to the list, unless genuinely of community interest).
I'll try to leave the server running for at least a few days.  During that
time, you may be booted from the server if I update and restart it, so don't
report normal forced disconnections.

Connection attempts should never fail; if more than 8 clients try to
connect, the oldest remote client will be booted off the server to make
room.  (This also means it's OK to camp on the server for as long as you
like.)

Thanks, and be gentle, it's her first time...

-- john, KE5FX