[time-nuts] Undocumented Thunderbolt packet ?

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Thu Dec 10 14:32:55 UTC 2009

At 09:29 AM 12/10/2009, John L DuBois wrote...
>In the process of writing and testing some code to read the
>Thunderbolt TSIP protocol, I have come across what appears to be an
>undocumented reply packet. It is: 0x13 0xNN. (ID = 0x13 and one byte
>in the packet body.)

A.17.1 Report Packet 0x13 - Packet Received
If a packet is received and it cannot be parsed, the packet is returned
through the output port with a 0x13 inserted between the leading DLE
and the input TSIP identification code.
Two common causes of command failure are improper DLE stuffing and
serial link noise.