[time-nuts] Beginner's time reference

Charl charl at turingbirds.com
Fri Dec 11 12:00:30 UTC 2009

Dear Hal and others,

Thank you for your suggestions. I suppose I should have emphasised that I
was looking to have my own reference, i.e. something not dependent on GPS,
LORAN, or other signals from the aether. Indeed I might get better accuracy
for less money by tapping the GPS time signal, but to me that's not as much
fun as building my own atomic reference.
Hal, is there much difference in quality for these rubidium tubes? Will I
get what I pay for? In any case, you make a good point about measuring the
accuracy. I'm a university student, so perhaps I can pay the physics
department a visit. Otherwise, maybe I could compare it to the GPS signal?

Kind regards,
Charl