[time-nuts] Audio recording with time code

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Dec 12 00:55:18 UTC 2009

> What I want to do is record to a PC from off the air and be able to
> determine the date/time that a particular transmission happened. I may
> be able to do this another way. I'll get back on this.

If all you need is the rough date/time, you can get that from the file time
stamps.

Of course, that normally gets trashed if you copy the file, but my fingers are
trained to type "cp -p" and rsync has an -a/--archive mode.  As backup, I might
make a text file with date/time, and some comment about what it was.

You could also encode the date/time in the file name.

Other crazy ideas for the other channel:
  wwv
  get a text to speech setup and feed it the info you want
  or use morse code

I like the IRIG suggestion, but I'm not setup to decode that.  (another rat
hole to get sucked into)