[time-nuts] Beginner's time reference

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Sun Dec 13 20:40:07 UTC 2009

At 01:51 PM 12/13/2009, Charles P. Steinmetz wrote...
>In my view, these are all questions, not about time, but rather about
>our perception of time.

Yes, he seems to have discovered Eddington's "arrow of time."

There also seems to be some confusion over the difference between the
spacetime dimensions, and matter-energy. In a particular way, we don't
_measure_ time or space, but express measurements in units of
spacetime, such as the period between defined events or the distance
between defined spatial points. But this is a pedantry - it's well
understood what is meant by "measuring time and distance." Likewise, we
don't measure volts, but express the measurement of a difference in
electrical potential in the unit volts. So, there's nothing unique
about time in this regard.