[time-nuts] Beginner's time reference

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Mon Dec 14 04:28:17 UTC 2009

Mike wrote:

>You guys obviously missed Hermann Weyl's writings, specifically his
>"Space-Time-Matter" and "Philosophy of
>Mathematics"     *  *  *     That was mainly why earlier I expressed
>my opinion simply as "bullshit"

Not at all.  It's just that for all of Weyl's brilliant contributions
to mathematics, philosophers generally hold an opinion similar to the
one you expressed of his unfortunate forays into philosophy (as well
as for the phenomenology of Husserl and Cassirer, upon which Weyl's
views were based).

Best regards,

Charles