[time-nuts] Datum Exactime 9390-6000 question

Rich Stolte rstolte at accusrc.com
Tue Dec 15 20:10:11 UTC 2009

I have two Datum 9390-6000 GPS receivers that show the current year as being
1997. This is due to a known problem with the algorithm on older exactime
units which is detailed in a field service bulletin here -
<http://www.symmetricom.com/media/files/support/ttm/fsb/098-50620-011.pdf>
http://www.symmetricom.com/media/files/support/ttm/fsb/098-50620-011.pdf
Other than showing the wrong year, they work fine as a frequency standard,
etc.

Does anyone on the list have a fix for this? I would be willing to pay for
an upgrade / repair.  Alternatively, I would be willing to trade for one of
the newer 9390-6000's that doesn't have this problem. I would be willing to
trade one of my units with rubidium for an oven based unit that shows the
correct year, or throw in some cash, or trade another piece of equipment,
etc. I'm flexible - if you have one without this problem, I'm sure we can
work something out.

Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Rich Stolte