[time-nuts] 60Hz mains clocking in computers

Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU Leigh at WA5ZNU.org
Thu Dec 17 06:15:40 UTC 2009

In 1984 we had a QBUS-based 68000 (dual 68K, due to the paging flaw)
that ran 9-track tapes off the end and gained about a good fraction of
an hour a day on its clock.  We complained to the vendor and they
swapped CPU boards for us.  Tapes worked fine, and the clock was more
accurate, but programs ran slower.  Hmmm.

Leigh.