[time-nuts] Synchronizing to WWV

Justin Pinnix justin at fuzzythinking.com
Sat Dec 19 16:55:50 UTC 2009

Hi Don,

I think the Heathkit clock was more sophisticated.  It read the 100hz data
code and automatically set the hour, minute, seconds, and date.  It did all
of this using an on-board microprocessor.  I've never owned one, so I'm
basing my information on the blurb here:
http://wd6cmu.antennalaunchers.com/gpsclock.htm

The NBS 668 method is a more manual process.  First, you set your clock to
within a second by listening to the "at the tone" message and pushing the
button when you hear the beep.  Then, you make small +/- phase adjustments
it until the 1Khz "tick" pulse appears where you expect it to be on the
scope.

Thanks,
-JP