[time-nuts] LAVOIE LA-800D WWV Timebase Receiver

Dave dave at veratek.com
Mon Dec 21 15:47:58 UTC 2009

What was interesting about this rig, was there was only one electrolytic
cap I could identify and it was a low voltage one.  All the large power
supply caps appear to be oil filled caps.  After the USUAL procedure of
gradually raising the line voltage and letting it cook for awhile (just
a metaphor - don't be alarmed :) I did notice the AC line filter was
getting warm and smelly.  I will end up changing it.  I don't usually
change resistors and capacitors unless they actually are out of range or
noisy.  I prefer to troubleshoot to the actual problem rather than
shotgun change parts.

I really would like to get some information and help with this rig
instead of just a discussion about how to power up an old radio.  I
appreciate any help you can provide.

Dave